RICE BAGS. Yes, these come in so handy for batching MX dyes in cold weather. They are also dead easy to make. I cut a piece of plain muslin 13" long (47mm) from a bolt. This strip I cut along the fold giving me 2 pieces 13 X 22.
If you would like to, you can make some rice bags 6" X 22" and wrap them around your neck or use these bags to warm your feet. They deliver moist heat. You can make them in pretty fabric and give them as gifts too.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?