You will probably remember the improvisational squares I made for the FIRE blog during Rayna Gillman's month. I didn't know what to do with them so I just left them sitting out on my table. I had made a book cover using the flip and sew method from leftovers from my brothers quilt and as my eyes swept past these discarded blocks I wrapped them around my blank journals and they fit. So I spent some lovely RELAXING time heavily quilting those small blocks in preparation to make them into bookcovers for the blank journals for my "store".
I thought I'd give you a "before" peek, then tomorrow the "after" results.
I also wanted to mention I have art in 2 shows that both open this Friday. I have two pieces in the Belfast Radius show at Aar Hus Gallery for a month and the shibori piece that I did with Meagan is in a show at Waterfall Arts for a month. I will try to get pictures at the openings.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?