The darts were so small that I accidentally ended up with one coming out as a tuck. What a happy accident. On a small quilt with a small tuck, I found I could get away without adding the extra fabric of a dart. Here is what I did.
I took my rotary cutter and made 6 slashes in the finished piece.
Then I found some long thin scraps and ironed them flat then in half lengthwise.
Nest I sewed then in with a scant 16th" seam just catching the edges of the slash. On four I had to sew again from the other side to catch the edges better.
Close-up of the tucks
Good view of the tucks which are at MOST 3/8"
And the entire piece ironed as flat as I could get it. If I start quilting in the dead center I may be able to flatten it out even more with the quilting. Stay tuned.