I had also made some insect stamps which I posted but then made 3 additional stamps. I wanted to print them and see how they came out so I took some plants to make prints. I have done this before with leaves from trees on fabric.
This time I picked interesting plant leaves and a few weeds.
I got out a sheet of Plexiglas, my acrylic (cheap hobby) paints and a foam dauber and went to town. I will try to tell each leaf used.
Unknown weed - very nice leaf too. You can also see where the page closed and the acrylic paint stuck and peeled off the paper from the opposite side. It actually looks nice.
Golden Rod appropriately printed in yellow
Hosta I had to hunt for a small leaf
Zone 3 Magnolia (Ballerina)
Unknown weed again.
I cleaned off my dauber a few times
And the aftermath of my printing project and food for thought
I place waxed paper over the leaf after turning it paint side down onto the substrate and used my hand to press the leaf onto the substrate. In this case I used paper but I did the same when printing on fabric. Food for thought: Printing on sheer fabric and having that as a layer.
The Plexiglass - yummy!