It all started with Judith making Tyvec beads. Now of course Judith being herself had to make these elaborate sheets of Tyvec which could stand alone as pieces of fine art. I will link to her blog. I made more of my two tone beads.
Then we started to make dolls out of twigs. We decided they needed heads so I tried this stuff I bought called stone clay. Horrible. I threw it away. Then I opened a tub of Crayola Air Dry Clay. Fabulous. It was dead cheap, easy to use and dried over night.
I stuck my heads on to the sticks.
This little lady was sporting some cloth beads I had made Wednesday when Marcella came over. They were sitting on my desk so I popped them on her arm like bracelets. Will have to explore this idea more this weekend.
This is a face I have made may times before but today I added dimples.
This one I popped on to a chop stick, added a "clay vest" and stuck the twig arms into the clay
Now this little lady I made YEARS ago (like 9 years). She is made from another brand of air dry clay which I also liked. Once the container of clay is open, you better use it or it will harden. I love her hair. She also has a clay vest.
I had this fabulous idea to wrap the Tyvec around a twig for hands. This was my experiment.
It worked so well, I THEN decided to fringe cut the Tyvec on one side only and wrap it on a long twig.
Holy Cow. We were really in the groove. Now I can't show Judith's work but her stuff was out of sight and even involved rocks!!!
Plans for tomorrow - more twig wraps and work on the now dry dolls!! stay tuned!!!