Yesterday I went out on the beach at sunset. Very cold but picked up rocks, shells, sea glass and sticks. I wore gloves and stayed out about a half hour. My hands were aching from the cold. I really wished I had taken my camera because the ice at the oceans edge was beautiful.
I just came back from a photo trip - maybe 2 minutes. It's 3 and feels like -12. My fingers hurt so much I could barely drive home (2 blocks). Earlier today I grabbed something and my finger split open. Yikes. Don't ask me what I was thinking. I brought mittens but had to remove them to take the photos. 2 MINUTES. Interesting lines though. No where NEAR like yesterday - sigh!
If you would like the full file image (these are small and with low rez), just let me know and I can email the full images to you. I cropped a few to show the potential for an art piece. The slit of an island far out and to the left is Islesboro where John Travolta and Kristie Alley live along with about 500 other people.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?