Marcella had given me a really nice heavy apron and I thought it would be fun indigo dyed so at the Indigo Workshop I tried to use the heart resist that came out so nicely on an overdyed piece of red.
Unfortunately the apron must have had some surface treatment on it and the fabric really resisted the indigo. The hearts were almost indistinguishable.
I thought, why not stitch the outline of a heart in red on all the areas I tried to resist. I used the wood heart I had cut as a guide to mark the fabric with water soluble graphite.
It looked pretty anaemic so I thought I'd color them in with inktense blocks. After doing a few in just red I decided to use all the colors.
Above and below are still wet
This is the apron dried. I think it's really cute and reminds me of a child's coloring.