- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?
21 October 2019
Starting the new crow series
When I made those two crow quilts I showed a few weeks ago, I made a third. It stayed in the thread sketch stage for about a year.
Later I colored it in using fugitive media: charcoal, chalk and ordinary colored pencils. Then I used ProChem base extender which is a semi-fluid clear acrylic to cover and make the media permanent.
If you squint, you can see I added mountain ranges below in a lime inktense pencil. My first project is to create a landscape at the bottom. I like the crow just flying but I think the landscape will put it "above the earth". Stay tuned.