01 August 2019

something new with botanical prints


If this weren't something new I wouldn't blog about it. This time I used heavy sketch paper not robust watercolor paper so I had to take care. I had a spare signature of my sketchbook paper with is really nice stuff and I added plant material starting between the last two pages, covered with the next page and IRONED it flat. My premise was that better contact with the paper would give me better prints on BOTH sides of the paper. It's not like the plant matter will not wilt in the boiling process so I tried. I liked!















Next experiment is dye but no rusty bits 

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I have soooo many questions... might have to e-mail offline for details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It was like opening Christmas presents!!!

      Delete

I love hearing your comments. Thanks for visiting