11 July 2019

Painting into my old leaf prints


Earlier in the spring, I made some leaf prints by boiling botanicals between sheets of watercolor paper. I am having a book making workshop in about a month and wanted to get my leaf prints done so I could incorporate them into a book.



On this print I thought I might outline the shapes of the plants but it just looked awkward so I stopped.


These leaves were so plain I thought the outline might work. Not so much. Then I decided to tint them with watercolors. Meh.


Painting the negative space was slightly more successful but still not great


Now I was getting a bit better at it.









While I was painting these I was boiling another set of prints. Stay tuned....

6 comments:

  1. Great experiments! Your last few are looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It started to get more fun when the results were better.

      Delete
  2. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. Interior Painting Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to go through the process with you. The Iris with the orange yellows is perhaps my favorite...I love the rich gradations of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not those were ferns unfurling!!

      Delete

I love hearing your comments. Thanks for visiting