Here are the pieces we made using black thickened dye applied with a hogs hair brush.
This was a silk screen on the last piece of fabric neither of us wanted. Good thing. It's ugly.
They dried quickly on the hot pavement. When bone dry, I washed them in cold water with 2 color catchers, retayne and Synthropol. Retayne aids in retaining the color and synthropol aids in preventing dye back. The color catchers grab all the free dye molecules in the wash and trap them which also helps in dye back.
Here they are washed dried and ironed.
Great fun with fantastic results -would make a lovely series of cushions?ReplyDelete
I am doing a bit on stitch on a small piece for my "dancing dogs" to stand on. I'll post it when it is done.Delete
Love the bold designs! You two have more fun when you get together!ReplyDelete
Yes, we do. This past MidSummer Maine II workshop Judith came!! Haven't seen her and certainly haven't played with her in a long time. Pictures early AugustDelete
Wonderful! When you two get together, creativity blossoms! I do miss the posts from the "fire" blog of days past, but enjoyed looking at some of them recently.Delete
Kind of like looking back on family albums!
Too funny. Marcella just sent me two old "And then we set it on fire" posts. One was eco-printing on fabric from Cris Winters and the other on Interfacing stencils which we are doing later this summer. That blog is a treasure trove of techniques.Delete
How you love making marks and patterns!!! And playdates!ReplyDelete
I am stitching back into this fabricDelete