One of my dear friends took a quilting workshop when she lived in New York. She made 12 crazy quilt squares about 14-16" square. They are highly embellished and you can see right away a lot of work went into them. I told her over the phone to just stitch them together in a grid. The problems? None of them are the same size and none are square. They are also so busy that a solid lattice and border are really needed to rest your eye.
So now I have taken the gauntlet and will look for border fabric, have a template cut and stitch the puppy together.
Yes, those are gold metal coins.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for visiting, Beth
A very good idea, I am convinced that you will do something very cute...ReplyDelete
Great challeng,,whichn I'm sure, will have a happy ending.ReplyDelete
The right sashing will be wonderful! :)ReplyDelete
You`re definitely up for the challenge.ReplyDelete
This is right up your alley! Off the Grid :o)ReplyDelete