The first thing that happened is that my vegetarian printing plate cracked. I think I was supposed to cover it. The other thing that happened is that after remelting it and starting to print. the glycerin kept mixing with the acrylic paint. No matter how much I wiped and blotted, the paint behaved badly. Even today after 24 hours, I tried to bag the tray with the plate in it and the glycerin kept getting all over everything.
I did use this great registration tip about making a hinge out of tape for multiple colors.
This was the 3 color print I made with the vegetarian plate.
Then I got out my commercial gelli and did some prints on watercolor paper.
These are ghost prints I made trying to get all the paint off the gelli.
All in all I have to say I was disappointed with the vegetarian plate. It was very firm which was good but "greasy" feeling from the glycerin. I will really try to clean that off the surface AND the tray. We may make friends in the future. I also got out my 9 month old Knox gelatin plate and it was still fine. There was some evaporation and it had thinned out so I remelted it and recast it in a smaller ( 8X12) tray. I'm sure I will have more to say about the plates in the future.