This is definitely my favorite new technique (until the next one comes around!) Yesterday we all met a Kathy's studio and she taught us batiking. Here are the two pieces I made. The first is a silk charmeuse scarf I did and which my daughter will probably be getting for Hanukkah Isn't it gorgeous?
You know there is A LOT of serendipity involved in dyeing fabric but this batik technique although being serendipitous also has much more control. So you get the control of design elements along with the surprise of coloring fabric. What a blast.
Here is another piece I did with habotai silk in 2 values of blue and purple. Luscious!
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for visiting, Beth
I want to learn this!ReplyDelete
I love them! So beautiful!ReplyDelete