- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?
03 April 2020
So this is where I might lose you....
I REALLY love surface design: playing with dys, all kinds, shibori, indigo, deconstructed silk screens, and straight silk screening. I also love sketching, watercolor and mixed media work.
A month ago I signed up for a three month long art workshop. It isn't designed to really teach you how to paint or make whatever you art practice is but rather to see larger concept and see your work with an eye to improvement. I am really enjoying it. So for the foreseeable future I will be showing you my work. There is no fiber or fabric in any of it. This is the "losing you" part.
I do hope I don't lose you and you enjoy see what I am up to in my painting and mixed media work. Here they are in no particular order. These are all "play" although some came out really well.