I took tracing paper, vellum and sketch paper and made some rubbings from stamps that I had carved. The next day I used stamps inked up with black acrylic paint and stamped on them. Here are the results.
I particularly like this raven head stamp which I carved then did this rubbing.
On the upper right is a "continuous print" stamp rubbing of feathers with a feather stamp on top of it. In the center is the same "continuous print" stamp rubbing in turquoise color brique with the stamp of the feather in green metallic acrylic paint.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?