From a major dyeing blunder
to am almost empty pallate
The promised 10 inches of powdery snow fell last night which made today "Snow Dye Day". Let's get on with the fun. I was a little apprehensive about trying this again but I had made a strong concentrate of "grape", a new green with lemon yellow and navy and I had a nice bottle of turquoise.
I made up a gallon of warm soda ash solution and soaked this shirt in it for about 45 minutes because I was busy mixing dyes and I figured extra time in the soda ash wouldn't hurt.
I also had these four skeins of #3 pearl cotton that had been getting in my way for a long time so I decided to dye them too.
A bucket of fresh Maine snow and a wrung out shirt full of promise.
Covered completely with snow.
When I applied the dye, I started with the grape and scribbled it on followed by green and turquoise in the blank centers of the scribbles. I finally applied a back and forth line of plain blue making sure I got the turquoise and green all the way to the edges.
These top two are turquoise and green and purple and green with the bottom two purple and blue and green and blue. I like those combinations.
Gone.......and I see some yummy colors that I love
This is what I was talking about. The green split out a bit into some small patches of yellow but I am very happy with this.
The skeins on the net lingerie bag they were washed and dried in.