I ironed it on to a soft piece of rayon lawn hoping for a softer hand. No luck. It was a stiff as a board. No needle would go happily through that surface plus
I wasn't that fond of the visual impact. A bit to harsh for the lush landscape I am aiming to create.
Next I tried some silk chiffon painted with thinned down Dye-Na-Flo paints. I laid them out wet with ridges in them to get the paint to dry in streaks.
Success. This was the soft sky I was looking for PLUS the painted edges had wicked some paint so I had a thin line of darker color on the edges. You can really see that on the lavender piece.
I used the really large piece of indigo dyed silk chiffon for the multiple layers of mountains starting with light ones in the background to darker in the foreground.
Then I inserted some LWI acid dyed chiffon in dark green for trees and a shibori dyed piece of silk chiffon for the grasses in the foreground.
Right now it looks like a bunch of scraps of fabric but the Madeira Lana wool thread will bring this piece to life. Now I need to start!!!!
Success--definitely worth the experimenting! This will be wonderful.ReplyDelete
Thanks Kathy. Check Friday to see the final resultsDelete
Beth, you are part scientist! Thanks for sharing such an adventurous process...ReplyDelete
Wait til you see it finished!!Delete