Quite a few years ago I made my partner, Brian, a yellow Quilt-as-you-go for his bed. I can't find any pictures except this one of Niamh on the bed. This is one of the reasons it needs replacing (smile).
I actually bought a kit for make a quilt but I hate traditional quilt making so much I decided to just make some half square triangle, build up a center and add something for borders to fit a double bed. The kit was a great buy just for the fabric (I think I got it half price) but I didn't like all of the colors so I just used the ones I liked. They are all solids. I cut 9" squares and got 32 half square triangles out of each fat quarter.
I am muddling my way through this project which is beyond boring. Here are progress pictures so far.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?